Deductible / Excess
QUEST RENTALS offers already a Collision Damage Waiver( CDW) including an excess/ deductible included in the rental rate.
The CDW limits the driver’s liability up to a certain amount (EXCESS/ DEDUCTIBLE) in case of damage to the rental vehicle or theft of the whole vehicle. When the rental vehicle is returned in the same condition as picked up, the deposit will be released/ refunded to the driver’s credit card.
Example: When booking a car the Excess/Deductible amount is 500 EUR. Upon collection the main driver has to leave a deposit (in this case 500 EUR) with his/her credit card or cash. If in case of accidental damage or theft, an amount up to 500 EUR will be charged, the rest will be covered from the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
The amount of Excess/Deductible depends on the car category, clarified in below listing.
Does QUEST RENTALS offer an insurance to cover the excess / deductible?
Yes, upon the booking procedure we offer extra optional insurances on fair rates
F.D.W. – to eliminate the Excess/Deductible amount to Zero (0) in case of damage or lost to the vehicle
T.W.U. – to eliminate the Excess/Deductible amount to Zero (0) in case of damage to tires / wheels / undercarriage
F.D.W. – Additional Damage & Theft Excess Protection
The F.D.W. (full damage waiver), waves the responsibility of renter to an amount of Zero (0) 0f the Collision Damage Waiver, except its exclusions.
The common exclusions are drinking and driving, gross negligence for example fuel error, incorrect use of the handbrake, improper use of clutch, gearbox etc.), driving off road or on unsealed roads, underside and tires, damages to any part of the wheels/wheel rim/tire, keys and lock / door handle, heavy soiling or damage, or any kind of vandalism.
Theft protection covers only theft of the whole car, and does not cover personal items belonging to customer, or parts of the car. The keys must be returned to the station.
T.W.U. Protection – Tires, Wheels & Undercarriage Insurance
As described above at the F.D.W. field, damages to tires, wheels and undercarriage of the vehicle are not protected. Choosing this extra protection during the booking procedure waves from the renter any liability on these kind of damages. (excluding driving off road)
Clarification of Excess/Deductible per car category
- Excess at Cat. A, Economic cars – Euro 400
- Excess at Cat. B, B1, Compact cars – Euro 500
- Excess at Cat. C, C1, Compact automatic – Euro 600
- Excess at Cat. D, Family cars – Euro 1.000
- Excess at Cat. F, 4×4 Jeep – Euro 1.000
- Excess at Cat. D1, SUV manual – Euro 1.500
- Excess at Cat. E, SUV automatic – Euro 1.500
- Excess at Cat. S, S1 Minibus 7er – Euro 1.500
It is renters responsibility to provide a valid driving license and identification at delivery, as well as the observance of the minimum age. (you can find all information about driving license acceptance under FAQs).The renter is expected to keep an eye on the vehicle’s mechanical condition, oil, water, tires, etc. and contact QUEST RENTALS immediately in case of any problem. Any repair of the vehicle by renter himself or any other party is not allowed. Vehicle must not be used:
- To drive on non asphalted roads or at a beach.
- To carry persons or property for hire.
- To tow any vehicle, trailer or other object.
- In a race, test or Rally contest, off road or on beach
- For subleasing by renter to any other party.
- While renter or any other authorized driver is under influence of alcohol, medication, drug, barbiturates etc.
- In contravention of any customs, traffic or other regulations.
- By any other person not authorized by QUEST RENTALS.
- To transfer or carry heavy luggage, inflammable materials, bad smelling goods, narcotics, animals,etc.
- To be transferred on Ferryboats, leaving the island Zakynthos, (that would cause the waiver of any extra insurance provided by QUEST RENTALS and all the transfer costs back to Zakynthos would be carried by the renter)
Quest Rentals will not be held responsible for anyone driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs, causing wilful damage, off road driving, driving without care and attention or damages caused by negligence, and traffic violations.
By signing the rental agreement renter accepts direct responsibility in respect of such claims.
Minimum age of driver for category A cars is 23 years.
Minimum age of driver for category B cars is 25 years.
Minimum age of driver for all other car categories is 27 years.
Maximum age of driver is due insurance policy limited up to 70 years.
In case of an accident or any other incident (fire, theft etc.) renter is responsible to follow immediately the insurance procedures at set:
Contact QUEST RENTALS immediately (phone +30 6977 235558 – 24 h service)
- Take pictures
- Call the police
- Obtain names and addresses of eye witnesses
- Do not acknowledge third party claims
- Complete and sign an accident report
Any not reported damage to the vehicle may be interpreted as negligence. This may result in a charge to the client.
A cancellation 24 hours or more before delivery is free of charge. In case the booking has to be cancelled upon delivery because renter does not refill the requested rental conditions or can not provide the requested documents, the full rental charge will be charged. QUEST RENTALS reserves the right to refuse to rent out a vehicle to a person who is considered unfit to drive or does not meet driving requirements.
Note: Always, a valid credit card* in the name of the main driver must be presented as guarantee for the rental. By finalizing an online booking with QUEST RENTALS, renter is confirming that he has read and accept our Terms & Conditions.
The renter or his representative acknowledges that he acquires no rights other than stated in this agreement.
All additional authorized drivers are jointly and severally liable with the renter under this agreement.
Any and all disputes which may arise between QUEST RENTALS and renter will be settled before the competent courts of Greece.
The Terms and Conditions as well as the prices may change without prior notice.
- VISA or MASTER credit card